Do you have two or more inspirational marriage quotes that you always have in your mind? Maybe, maybe not.
After reading this inspiring article, we hope you will find one, two, or even three that will resonate with you. Quotes that will give you an extra boost when you need it.
Memorize your favorites, print and place it on your fridge, kitchen cupboard, or hang it in your living room.
20 Inspirational marriage quotes for couples
1.“Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.” – Zig Ziglar
2. “Ask yourself each morning, “what can I do to make my spouse’s life better today?”. And then, do it.”
3. “Friendship fuels the flames of romance because it offers the best protection against feeling adversarial toward your spouse.” – John Gottman,The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
4. “The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.” – Robert C. Dodds
5. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
6. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
8. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ come together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
9. “Great marriages are contagious. If you want a great marriage, surround yourself with couples who have one.”
10. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
11. “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale, it’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver
12. “Marriage is not a 50/50 partnership, it’s a 100/100.”
13. “A word of encouragement from a spouse can save a marriage.” – John C. Maxwell
14. “A couple that plays together stays together.”
15. “In any relationship, there will be frightening spells in which your feelings of love dry up. And when that happens you must remember that the essence of marriage is that it is a covenant, a commitment, a promise of future love. So what do you do? You do the acts of love, despite your lack of feeling.
You may not feel tender, sympathetic, and eager to please, but in your actions, you must BE tender, understanding, forgiving and helpful. And, if you do that, as time goes on you will not only get through the dry spells, but they will become less frequent and deep, and you will become more constant in your feelings. This is what can happen if you decide to love.” – Tim Keller, The Meaning of Marriage
16. “Praying for your marriage is never time wasted.”
17. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
18. “Figure out how to forgive and do it over, and over again.”20 Inspirational marriage quotes that will motivate and give you an extra boost.Click To Tweet
19. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
20. “You should value your spouse’s opinion more than that of your co-workers, family, and friends.” – Ashley and Marcus Kusi
21. “We are individuals, but accomplish more together.” – Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher
22. “Appreciating your spouse helps you notice and focus on the positives in your relationship more easily.” – Marcus and Ashley
23. “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” – John Wooden
24. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
25. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” Franz Schubert
26. “Gratitude is the fastest road to happiness in a marriage.” – Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott
27. “It takes a stronger man to be emotionally vulnerable.” – Ashley and Marcus Kusi
28. “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make- not just on your wedding day, but over and over again – and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.” – Barbara De Angelis
29. “Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
30. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little ‘extra’ every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.” – Fawn Weaver
31. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
32. “Your spouse will not be the same person you married, they will evolve through their life, as you should.” – Marcus and Ashley Kusi
33. “Love is a choice you make every day.” – Gary Chapman, The 5 Love Languages
34. “Always remember, you are on the same team!”
Benefits of inspirational marriage quotes
Whenever you are down in your marriage, struggling, or need a pick me up, reading inspiring marriage quotes may be the answer. In other words, inspirational marriage quotes will inspire and help you stand strong when everything seems to be falling apart.
As newlyweds, when we were struggling to adjust to married life, I sometimes read inspirational marriage quotes. The marriage quotes I read were about 3 in total, but they really helped me during our first year of marriage. – Marcus
As a result, we hope some of the inspirational marriage quotes we have had the opportunity to read above will help you improve your marriage. Most of these inspirational quotes for marriage were provided by our awesome readers.
Marriage quotes as conversation starters
You can use marriage quotes as conversation starters with your spouse, for road trips, when you drive to work, grocery shopping, sports event, hiking, while cooking together at home etc.
For example, ask your spouse what marriage quote “number 15” means to him/her. After hearing their thoughts, tell them what you thought about the quote when you read it. It’s that simple.
You can even repeat this activity with as many quotes as you would like.
Pick one of the above inspiring marriage quotes and apply it to your marriage.
We hope these marriage quotes will inspire and motivate you during the tough times in your marriage.
What are some of the inspirational marriage quotes you love to read?
Image courtesy Ameen Fahmy