Whether you are dating, engaged, or married, accomplishing a bucket list for couples is an experience you will both cherish forever. Infact, it’s a priceless experience.
That’s why we want to share 115+ exciting bucket list ideas for couples with you. We’ve included a variety of fun, sexy, unique, sensational, breathtaking, romantic, travel, and even seasonal bucket lists ideas that every couple will enjoy.
Also, you will get to see the couples bucket list journal we use to create and record memories from our bucket list adventures. This journal has a bucket list activity for couples to do (together) inside, to help flesh out your realistic bucket list ideas.
To see the bucket list journal we use right now, just click here.
Now, let’s get started.
115 Exciting bucket list ideas for couples to experience together
1. Throw a dart at a map and go wherever it lands.
2. Swim with dolphins or sharks.
3. See the eight world wonders:
⇒ Pyramids at Giza
⇒ Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
⇒ Hanging Gardens of Babylon
⇒ Lighthouse of Alexandria
⇒ Statue of Zeus at Olympia
⇒ Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
⇒ Colossus of Rhodes, and
⇒ Stonehenge in England.
4. Orgasm at the same time.
For this romantic and special bucket list idea for couples, don’t rush it. Have fun trying!
A truly amazing experience for lovers!
5. Go ocean fishing.
6. Ride a horse on the beach.
7. Buy a home.
8. Go skydiving.
9. Visit all the continents in the world.
10. Stay in an overwater bungalow.
11. Adopt a shelter pet.
12. Add a lock to the love lock bridge in Paris.
13. Rent a beach house for the whole summer.
14. Rent a glass igloo in Finland to sleep under the northern lights.
15. Dine in an underwater restaurant.
16. Go to Disneyland.
17. Go scuba diving.
18. Sponsor a child.
19. Watch a meteor shower or eclipse.
20. Buy a homeless person a full meal, clean clothes, shower, haircut and a night off the street.
21. Go to a drive-in movie.
This is the perfect staycation or date night bucket list idea for couples.
22. See a live event in a stadium: sports, stand-up comedy, music concert, etc.
23. Play paintball.
24. Fly a plane.
25. Travel to a place or country you have never been together.
26. Go whale watching.
27. Say “yes” to everything for a day.
28. Go to the Olympics, World Cup, or other international events.
29. Go parasailing.
30. Pay for a stranger’s groceries or dinner at a restaurant.
31. Make food and pass it out to the homeless.
32. Adopt a child.
33. Learn a new language.
34. Take a road trip.
35. Ride in a private jet.
36. Design your own house and build it.
The first part, “designing your own house”, is also another great date night bucket list for couples.
37. Go to a masquerade ball.
38. Visit every major landmark in your country or state.
39. Complete an obstacle race: Spartan, Tough Mudder, Zombie Mud Run, etc.
40. Write a book.
41. Float in the Dead Sea.
42. Have a baby.
43. Spend New Year’s in Times Square
44. Go sailing.
45. Visit the Haiku Stairs in Oahu, Hawaii.
46. Explore or spend a night in a real castle.
47. Attend a class or workshop: cooking, art, glass blowing, pottery, chocolate making, brewery, etc.
A class or workshop that is meaningful to both of you is the best.
48. Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain in Rome.
49. Dive in a submarine and see the Titanic.
50. Visit a glow worm cave.
51. Visit Machu Picchu, Peru.
52. See the Hobbit town in New Zealand.
53. Go dogsledding.
54. Go whitewater rafting.
55. Complete a 5/5 star geocache.
56. Hike the Grand Canyon.
57. Spend the night at the ice hotel in Quebec.
58. Spend Christmas in Aspen.
59. Experience 24 hours of daylight in Alaska.
60. Climb a glacier.
61. Swim in the Great Barrier Reef.
62. Hike the 54 fourteeners in Colorado.
63. Swim in every ocean.
64. Experience weightlessness.
65. Hug a redwood.
66. Go skinny-dipping together.
67. Try chocolate-covered ants.
68. Name a star.
69. Eat a meal cooked by a celebrity chef.
70. Eat a molecular gastronomy dinner.
71. Learn a new instrument.
72. Sing in public together.
73. Learn ballroom or salsa dancing together
Want to connect physically without having sex, then learn how to ballroom or salsa dance together.
Even better you can practice it whenever you get the chance at home.
74. Get VIP passes to a show/concert.
75. See a Broadway play.
76. Attend a film premiere.
This is a really cool bucket list for couples who love movies.
77. Go backpacking through Europe.
78. Become financially independent.
As you know, money plays a big part in our lives and many of the decisions we make. So why not add this to your couples bucket list ideas?
To be honest, this is the ultimate bucket list goal for many people.
79. Start a side business.
80. Give money in an envelope anonymously to a stranger, or even someone you know.
81. See Cirque du Soleil.
82. Drink at a distillery.
83. Have sex somewhere new. E.g. On a boat, in a tent in the woods, in front of a fireplace, by a campfire, in water, in a hammock, etc.
84. Try role-playing.
85. Use a new sex toy.
86. Get tattoos together.
87. Carve your initials into a tree.
88. Go camping together.
89. Go paddleboarding on a lake. Even better, try the ocean.
If both of you love doing yoga, then do yoga on a paddleboard in water. (Quite challenging, yet so much fun.)
90. Spend a day at a spa and have a couple’s massage.
91. Run a 5k together.
92. Get married.
93. Gamble in Vegas.
94. Go snorkeling.
95. Live in a different country.
96. Visit an ancient city.
97. Participate in an archaeological dig.
98. Go on a safari in Africa.
99. Go to a museum together.
100. Ride camels across a desert.
101. Attend a wine tasting.
102. Have a couple’s book club; read the same books and then discuss.
103. Charter a yacht.
104. Host a couple’s game night or family game night.
105. Try a winter sport: skiing, snowmobiling, snowboarding, skating, etc.
106. Dance on the beach at sunset.
107. Have sex outside.
If you haven’t had sex in your car, then that’s the perfect place to accomplish this bucket list goal for couples.
108. RV across a country.
109. Volunteer together.
110. Go to a conference or convention together about relationships or other topics that are important to both of you.
111. Give a speech together.
112. Plan a surprise trip for each other, whether birthday or spontaneous.
113. Go rock climbing together.
114. Build an orphanage or school.
115. Ride in a hot air balloon.
Create your couples bucket list now
If you and your partner don’t have a couples bucket list, today is the perfect time to create yours, because doing so will improve your relationship in many ways.
First, the process of creating a bucket list together will help you both to communicate your thoughts, share your dreams, and identify the things you truly want to experience with each other. For example, having an orgasm at the same time.
Second, discussions about bucket list ideas are always fun conversation starters for couples, because it gets you both excited to work on fulfilling your dreams together.
Third, a bucket list for couples will help you connect with each other, grow together, and enhance intimacy in your relationship or marriage.
Lastly, accomplishing your bucket list adventures will help you create new memories, experiences, and feelings of accomplishment together.
A simple 3-step bucket list activity for couples
This is pretty straightforward:
Choose the top 10 bucket list things you want to do (before you die). Ask your partner to do the same.
Don’t be afraid to include your scary, daring, or even crazy bucket list dreams because those will easily take you both outside your comfort zones.
Once Step 1 is done, share your bucket lists goals with each other. Have a discussion about each bucket list item and choose the top 3 bucket list items you both want to experience together asap (as soon as possible).
It’s best to choose bucket list goals you can complete within the next 3 years. Or even better the next 12 months.
Work on accomplishing the best 3 bucket list items you have both agreed on. Create a plan with a target date for each item on your bucket list.
Then do everything you can to complete your first adventure asap.Creating a couples bucket list will improve your relationship in many ways.Click To Tweet
Write your bucket list goals in a journal
You’ve already talked about the adventurous things you both want to experience together. For example, the exotic foods you want to try, the breathtaking places you want to visit, and the jaw-dropping surprises you want to do for other people.
But have you two written them down in a journal or somewhere you can easily reference?
Like many couples, you probably haven’t. That’s why with the help of our amazing blog readers, we created:Our Bucket List Adventures: A Journal for Couples
This bucket list journal for couples is designed to help you and your significant other to sit down, dream together, and create 50 unique bucket list goals you want to accomplish together in your lifetime (or the next 3 years!).
It includes a section to journal, add a photo or scrapbook memorabilia from your bucket list adventures. In addition, we’ve added 5 conversation starters so you have great conversations as you reflect on each bucket list experience.
Infact, Our Bucket List Adventures is the couples bucket list journal we use for tracking and recording our adventures together.
Watch the video below to see a peek inside it.
Planning for your bucket list adventure
Before going for your bucket list adventure, plan it at least two weeks in advance. This will give you enough time to prepare and/or make the necessary reservations you need for your bucket list adventure.
Examples of things to include in your bucket list adventure preparations are:
⇒ Preparing for food to eat.
⇒ Booking hotels.
⇒ Buying tickets.
⇒ Completing all registrations required, unless you have to do them in person.
⇒ Things you want to bring along.
⇒ A list of unique things you want to experience together.
⇒ Getting a house and/or pet sitter if needed.
⇒ Finding someone to take care of your kids, if needed.
⇒ Safety precautions you need to be aware of, and/or prepare for.
More bucket list for couples
1. Take a photo together each day for a year.
2. Ride a rollercoaster together.
3. Get a couples massage at home.
4. Create your own sex board or card game.
5. Kiss at midnight on December 31st.
6. Have a sex marathon for a day.
7. Take a scenic drive through the White Mountains.
8. Achieve financial freedom.
9. Have sex and include food as part of your sexual intimacy, like whip cream!
10. Soak in a hot spring.
11. Watch your children get married.
12. See your grandkids.
13. Be debt free.
14. Explore a cave.
15. Attend an Opera.
16. Sleep in a tree house.
17. Become Millionaires.
18. Kiss underwater.
19. Go ice fishing.
20. Walk on a frozen lake.
21. Complete a 1000 piece puzzle.
22. Jump off a waterfall while holding hands.
VERY IMPORTANT: For this waterfall adventure, please make sure you know how deep the waterfall is because jumping into a shallow area could easily go wrong fast.
For more bucket list for couples, click here to see our Bucket List for Couples board on Pinterest.
We hope this list of 115+ couples bucket list ideas has inspired you to create exciting and unique bucket list adventures with your significant other.
After you accomplish your dream bucket list goal, always remember to journal the experience.
Needless to say, use Our Bucket List Adventures: A Journal for Couples to record your adventure.
At the end of the day, completing a bucket list for couples together is definitely a win-win for your relationship.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.’s mother
Which of these exciting bucket list ideas for couples do you want to experience with your partner?
Have you completed any of these bucket list goals for couples?
What will you add to this bucket list for couples?