When appreciating or edifying your spouse, be sincere and honest.
In fact, appreciating your spouse verbally, or in other ways such as writing is fun and enriching.
Do you appreciate your husband or wife?
It can be as simple as this statement:
“Thank you for remembering to take the trash out, it really shows me how much you love me and it helps relieve me of some of the stress.”
Just verbalize to your husband or wife how much you adore them. Show them how much you appreciate their commitment towards your marriage.
Don’t forget the small favors they do for you too, like remembering to shut the toilet seat, or straightening their shoes.
Appreciating your spouse is an easy, simple, and exciting thing to do.
Yet most married couples take it for granted.
By appreciating your spouse, they will know their efforts are appreciated.
It is important we take some time from our day to day business to stop and say, “wow honey, I really appreciate you. I appreciate all your hard work, and I love you for being you.”
We actually do this from time to time both verbally, physically (a passionate hug or kiss), and electronically (text messages).
10 Unique ways to appreciate your spouse
1. Thanking him/her every day for spending his/her live with you, in private and in public.
You could even use this gratitude journal for couples to start a gratitude journaling activity together.
2. Never belittle or put your spouse down especially in front of others.
3. Pay attention and listen to your spouse when having a conversation.
4. Compliment each other on your appearance.
Honey, you look sexy this morning. I can not wait for you to get back into my arms from work. 😉
5. Include him/her when you make plans EVEN IF they are not interested; seek their insights.
Simply letting them know says, “I care about you, and appreciate your insights.”
6. Let your spouse know the important role he/she plays, have played and will play in your life and successes.
7. When your spouse is tired from a hectic day, perform their house roles.
If they were supposed to wash the dishes, just do it with joy.
8. Let go of the small stuff, habits, or preferences that will not make or break your marriage.
9. Be patient when your spouse makes mistakes. We are all humans, no one is perfect. 🙂
10. Let your spouse know how much you love them.
By focusing on the good attributes of your spouse, you will fall more in love with him/her. Also, it will create a good vibe between you and your spouse.
You will both be happy, notice what each other does, connect, and love each other deeply. We are definitely happy as a married couple because of these things.
As humans, it’s our nature to want to know and feel we are appreciated for what we do. We believe that speaking in edification can impact and transform your marriage tremendously.
Positive thinking, positive speaking (or text messaging, e-mailing, whatever!) will help you become more positive. It also impacts how you view your spouse, and vice versa.
So before you get busy this week, edify or show appreciation to your spouse. Let them know how grateful you are for them.
As Nike says, “Just do it!”
What are some of the ways you edify or show appreciation to your spouse?