There is something we do everyday to help us from taking each other for granted, and to help each other feel appreciated; we say Thank you.
In our opinion, if we pay attention to the little things, the bigger problems won’t happen by surprise.
By saying Thank You to Marcus when he mows the lawn, remembers to take the garbage out, does the dishes because he knows I have no energy, or spends time with our daughter to give me a break etc, it takes the stress off of me.
As a wife, sometimes it is easy to not thank your hubby, but making it a priority goes a long way to show your appreciation for him.
I want him to know how much it means to me, and how much I appreciate his acts of service, as well as appreciate him.
This way he feels/knows I recognize his efforts, and appreciate his hard work.
Should my husband help around the house, and with our daughter?
Yes, of course, but that doesn’t mean I should be any less thankful when he does it.
I know I appreciate when he thanks me for running our household while he is away, and taking care of our daughter. ~Ashley
Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the business of life, and we forget to do these little things, like saying Thank You.
We should make it a priority to be verbally thankful to our spouse because it creates a positive and healthy environment for our marriage.
It is also refreshing to hear that even though it may be expected of us to do something because it’s our job or role, that we are still being very much appreciated and our efforts aren’t going unnoticed.
Why wouldn’t you want to give that kind of boost to your husband or wife?
Imagine if your spouse never said a kind word to you, and I understand that you may be in that situation, but it all starts with you.
I remember the first time Marcus thanked me for doing something like cleaning the house and taking care of our daughter. It caught me off guard.
My first thoughts were, “Why wouldn’t I do this, its my job.” It felt good to hear none the less, and got me thinking about things I could thank my husband for. – Ashley
When we start small healthy habits like saying Thank You at least once every day, we set a foundation and a temperature for our marriage.
It is so important to keep such habits in our relationship.
Simply because it stops the little things like feeling unappreciated from turning into bigger things like resenting the things you do for your marriage and family.
When you say Thank you to each other, you are also validating each other’s efforts for the marriage and family.
How do you start this habit of thanking your wife or husband?
Well, just like how you start any new habit, you first have to make it a priority. Then, you can:
1) Pick one thing today that your spouse has done, and tell them how much you appreciate their efforts.
2) Pick something your spouse does often like paying bills, making quality time with you or your children a priority, and express how much it means to you.
3) Use the words, “Thank you” all the time, especially when texting, it’s another way to connect with your spouse.
4) Don’t expect your spouse to reciprocate. Just worry about you. In our experience the spouse follows suit.
5) Sarcasm doesn’t count! “Gee’s honey, thanks for remembering the garbage today, really meant a lot,” when infact, your spouse forgot the garbage that day.
Here are 5 great ways to say thank you to your husband for his support.
- You an amazing hubby and a great dad.
- I trust your judgment.
- You always surprise and take my breath away.
- Thank you for working so hard to put food on the table and providing for us.
- Thank you for fixing it (the broken machine, the bathroom pipe, changing the garbage).
5 special ways to say thank you to your wife for her support.
- You are an awesome wife and caring mother.
- I will clean the house today, cook, wash the dishes, and take care of the kids too.
- Thanks for making breakfast, dinner / packing my lunch.
- My clothes are clean, thanks for doing the laundry.
- Wow, you did a great job taking care of me while I was sick.
5 unique ways to say thank you to your husband or wife.
- You inspire me everyday by working hard for our marriage and family.
- I would not be here if it wasn’t for you.
- Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot about it.
- Thank you for marrying me, and spending the rest of your life with me.
- Let me give you a massage or back rub today for what you did today, you deserve it.
It may be hard or awkward at first, but this step out of your comfort zone is worth it, trust us!
Sometimes comments like this, where we say thank you to our husband or wife can make their day.
I remember when our daughter was a newborn, I had had a really tough day, the house was a mess, I’m sure I was probably not dressed, hair a mess, literally about to cry.
Then my husband walked in the door from work, gave me a kiss, and said, “Thank you for taking such good care of our baby all day.”
That was it. Those two simple “thank you” words made my whole day!
It was such a relief, and validation that Marcus truly sees and appreciate the work I do when he is gone to work. – Ashley
Now go tell your husband or wife how thankful you are for him/her. Go put some smiles on their face, and in their heart!
What are some things you are thankful of your spouse for that you have or haven’t had the chance to say Thank You for?
What is stopping you?