Is marriage the end of your life?
It all depends on the way you and your spouse decide to look at it, and the kind of marriage you both desire.
Two questions you can ask each other are:
- What kind of marriage do we want to have?
- Where do we want to go with our marriage?
We believe marriage does not have to be the end of your life!
Rather, it can be the beginning of a whole new life blossoming from your old life.
“When I was younger I thought once you got married that’s it, your life/hopes/dreams are put on hold for your husband and children.
Now that I have grown, and I have learned this way of thinking doesn’t have to be a reality.
I was simply observing an environment that had a lot of religious dogma and stereotypes. I decided I wanted to marry a man who would treat me as an equal, a partner, and a team mate.
Someone who would value my opinion and input. I didn’t settle for any less.” – Ashley
Your past experiences, and the environments you grew up in will set the tone for your marriage expectations and what is “normal” in marriage. This can be good, but it can also have negative effects.
What you have to do is simply decide what kind of life you want, and find someone who also wants to live that lifestyle.
If you love to travel and your spouse or future fiancee hates traveling and you both can not come to a compromise; its best you do not get married.
The reason is that you will both be unhappy with your lives and marriage.
In marriage, you will have to make sacrifices and compromises, but you should never lose who you are.
Marriage should not be the end of your life!
You should always be improving your character and growing as a person, but still be true to yourself.
Your life will be impacted in many ways by being married.
How does marriage change your life?
1. It challenges you to learn new things to grow, and become selfless.
2. It gives you that person who is your support when you need it. Someone to rely on when the rest of the world around you is falling apart.
- Someone to enjoy the good times, bad times, and share experience with you.
- Someone to take care of you when you need it.
- Someone who will be honest with you, trusts, appreciates, and knows who you truly are.
3. Someone you can start a family with; has a whole list of benefits of it’s own!
4. You get a best friend, lover, and life partner all in one!
All of the above impacts will not end your life, instead, it will help you become a better person.
If you choose your spouse carefully and you both work hard to keep your marriage a priority, these are just some of the good things that can come from it.
Anyone who has a bad view on marriage and sees it as a negative thing, hasn’t seen many great marriages. And the effects these great marriages have on society.
What you have to realize is that the quality of your life, and your marriage, is up to you.
You can choose to settle for okay, good, or you can make it great.
You have to keep moving towards achieving your life goals and leaving a positive impact in the lives of those around you and society.
Do you believe marriage is the end of your life?
What are some of the awesome impacts being married has brought to your life?
Image courtesy Menita